Life – An Exalted Destiny – Aga Khan III
Quran Collection on the Ismaili Web
Quran Collection on the Ismaili Web
|Sura 1 Al Fatiha–The Opening Audio|
|1. Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
2. Al hamdu lillaahi rabbil aalameen
3. Ar rahmaanir raheem
4. Maaliki yaumid deen
5. Iyaaka na budu wa iyyaaka nasta een
6. Ihdinaas siraatal mustaqeem
7. Siraatal ladzeena an amta alayhim Ghayril maghduubi alayhim wa laad daalleen
|1. With the name of Allah most gracious, most merciful
2. All praise is due to Allah cherisher and sustainer of the worlds
3. Most gracious, most merciful
4. Master of the day of Judgement
5. You alone do we worship your aid do we seek
6. Guide us to the straight path
7. The way of those who have won thy favor
8. Those whose portion is not wrath and who go not astray
|Sura 87 Suuratu A’alaa–The Most High Audio|
|1. Sabbih Ismarabbikal A’alaa
2. Alladhee khalaqa fasawwaa
3. Walladhee qaddara fahadaa
4. Walladhee akhrajal mar’aa
5. Faja’alahuu ghuthaa’an ahwaa
6. Sanuqriuka falaa tansaa
7. Ill maa shaa Allah innihu ya’alamul jahra wa maa yakhfaa.
8. Wa nuyassiruka lilyusraa.
9. Fadhakkir in nafa’aatidhdhikraa
10. Sayadhhak karu man yakhshaa.
11. Wa yatajannabuhaal ashqaa.
12. Alladhee yaslaan naaral kubraa.
13. Thumma laa yamuutu feehaa wa laa yahyaa.
14. Qad aflaha man tazakkaa.
15. Wa dhakarasma rabbihi Fasallaa.
16. Bal tuuthiruunal hayaatad dunyaa.
17. Wal aakhiratu khairun wa abqaa.
18. Inna haadhaa lafee suhufil uulaa.
19. Suhufi Ibraahema wa Muusaa.
|1. Glorify the name of your guardian Lord Most High
2. Who has created and further given order and proportion
3. Who has ordained laws, and granted guidance
4. And who brings out the green and luscious pasture
5. and then makes it but swarthy stubble
6. By degrees shall we teach you to declare the message so you shall not forget,
7. Except as Allah wills: For He knows what is manifest and what is hidden.
8. And we will make it easy for you-the simple.
9. Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits the hearer.
10. The admonition will be received by those who fear Allah.
11. But it will be avoided by those most unfortunate ones.
12. Who will enter the great fire,
13. In which they will neither die nor live.
14. But those who prosper will purify themselves,
15. And glorify the name of their Guardian Lord, and lift their hearts in Prayer.
16. No behold you prefer the life of this world.
17. But the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
18. And this is in the books of the earliest
19. The books of Abraham and Moses.
|Sura 91 Shams–The Sun Audio|
|1. Wash shamsi wa duhaahaa
2. Wal qamari idzaa talaahaa
3. Wan nahaari idzaa jallaahaa
4. Wal layli idzaa yaguhshaahaa
5. Was samaa’i wa maa banaahaa
6. Wal ardi wa maa tahaahaa
7. Wa nafsin wa maa sawwaahaa
8. Fa’alhamahaa fujuurahaa wataqwaahaa
9. Qa d aflaha man zakkaahaa
10. Wa qad khaaba man dassaahaa
11. Kadzdzabat thamuudu bitagh waahaa
12. idzin ba’atha ashqaahaa
13. faqaala lahum rasuulullaahi naaqatallaahi wa suqyaahaa
14. Fakadzdzabuuhu fa’aqaruuhaa fadamdama ‘alayhim Rabbuhum bidzanbihim fasawwaahaa
15. Wa laa yakhaafu ‘uqbaahaa
|1. By the sun in his glorious splendour;
2. By the moon as she follows him;
3. By the day as it shows up (the sun’s) glory;
4. By the night as it conceals it;
5. By the firmamant and its wonderful structure;
6. By the earth and its (wide) expanse;
7. By the soul, and the proportion and order given to it;
8. And its enlightenment as to its wrong and its right;
9. Truly he succeeds that purifys it,
10. And he fails that corrupts it!
11. The Thamud (people) rejected (their prophet) through their inordinate wrongdoing.
12. Behold the most wicked man among them was deputed (for impiety).
13. But the apostle of Allah said to them: “It is a she-camel of Allah! and (bar her not from) having her drink!”
14. Then they rejected him , and they hamstrung her. So their Lord on account of their crime, obliterated their traces and made them equal(in destruction, high and low)!
15. And for Him is no fear of its consequences.
|Sura 97 Qadr–The Night of Power Audio|
|1. Inaa anzalnaahu fee Laylatil Qadr
2. Wa maa ‘adraaka ma Laylatul Qadr
3. Laylatul Qadri khayrun min alfi shahr
4. Tannazzalul malaa’ikatu war ruuhu feehaa bi’idzni rabbihim min kulli amr
5. Sallaamun hiya hattaa matla il fajr
|We have indeed revealed this message in the Night of Power
And what will explain to you what the Night of Power is?
The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.
In it come down the angels and the Spirit by Allah’s permission, on every errand.
Peace! This until the rise of Morn
|Sura 103 Asr–Time Through the Ages Audio|
|1. Wal asr 2. Innal insaana lafi khusr
3. Illaal ladzeena aamanuu
wa amiluus saalihaati wa tawaasaw bil haqqi wa tawaasaw bis sabr
|By the token of time through the ages
Truly man is in loss,
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and join together in the mutual teaching of truth and of patience and constancy
|108 Sura Kauthar–Abundance Audio|
|1. Inna a’taynaakal kawthar
2. Fasalli li Rabbika wanhar
3. Inna shaani aka huwal abtar
|To you We granted the Fount of abundance
Therefore to your Lord turn in Prayer and sacrifice
For he who hates you, he will be cut off
|Sura 109 Kafirun–Those who Reject Faith Audio|
|1. Qul yaa ayuhal kaafiruun
2. Laa abudu maa tabuduun
3. Walaa antum a’abiduuna ma a’bud
4. Walaa ana a’abidum maa abadttum
5. Walaa antum aabiduun maa a’bud
6. Lakum deenakum waliya deen
|Say: O you who reject faith!
I worship not that which you worship,
Nor will you worship that which I worship,
And I will not worship that which you have
been wont to worship, Nor will you worship that which I worship.
To you be your Religion, and to me my Religion.
|Sura 110 Nasr–Help Audio|
|1. Idzaa ja’aa nasrullahi walfath
2. Wa ra’aytan naasa yadkhuluuna fee deenilla hi afwaajaa
3. Fasabbih bi hamdi Rabbika wastaghfirhu innahuu kaan tawwabaa
|When comes the help of Allah and victory
And you do see the people enter God’s religion in crowds
Celebrate the praises of your Lord and pray for His forgiveness: for he is oft-returning
|Sura 112 Ikhlas–The Purity Audio|
|1. Qul hu allahu ahad
2. Allahus samad
3. Lam yulid wa lam yulad
4. wa lam yaqul lahu kufuwan ahad
|Say He is Allah the one and only
He is eternal absolute
He begets not nor is He begotten
and there is none like Him
|Sura 113 Falaq–The Dawn Audio|
|1. Qul a uudz birabil Falaq
2. Min sharri ma khalaq
3. Wa min sharri ghasiqin i zaa waqab
4. Wa min sharrin naffaasati fil uqad
5. Wa min sharri haasidin idzaa hasad
|Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn
From the mischief of created things;
From the mischief of darkness as it spreads
From the mischief of those who practice Secret arts
And from the mischief of the envier when he envies
|Sura 114 Nas–Mankind Audio|
|1. Qul a’uudz bi Rabbin nas
2. Malikin naas
3. Illahin naas
4. Min sharril was wasil khanaas
5. Alladzee yu waswisu fee suduurin naas
6. Mina jinnatti wan naas
|Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of Mankind
The King (or Ruler) of Mankind
The God (or Judge) of Mankind
From the evil of the whisperer who withdraws
Who whispers into the hearts of Mankind of Jinn and men.
They are not all alike. Of the People of the Scripture there is a staunch community who recite the revelations of God in the watches of the night, falling prostrate.
They believe in God and the Last Day, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency, and vie with one another in good works. These are of the righteous.
And whatever good they do, they will not be denied it; and God knows the pious (3: 113-114).
Thou wilt find the nearest of them [the People of the Scripture] in affection to those who believe to be those who say: Verily, we are Christians. That is because there are among them priests and monks, and they are not proud (5: 82).
I believe in whatever scripture God hath revealed, and I am commanded to be just among you. God is our Lord and your Lord. Unto us our works and unto you your works; no argument between us and you. God will bring us together and unto Him is the journeying (42:15).
And only discourse with the People of the Book in a way that is most excellent, save with those who do wrong. And say: We believe in that which hath been revealed to us and revealed to you. Our God and your God is one, and unto Him we surrender (29:46).
Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and hold discourse with them in the finest manner (16:125).
O mankind, truly We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another. Truly the most noble of you, in the sight of God, is the most Godfearing (49:13).
I only created the jinn and mankind in order that they might worship Me (51:56).
We shall show them Our signs on the horizons and in their own souls, so that it become clear to them that He is the Real (41:53).
All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth God; and He is the Mighty, the Wise (57:1).
The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein praise Him, and there is not a thing but hymneth His praise, but ye understand not their praise (17:44).
Hast thou not seen that God, He it is Whom all who are in the heavens and the earth praise; and the birds in flight: each verily knoweth its prayer and its form of glorification (24:41).
He is God, the Creator, the Shaper out of naught, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise (59:24).
God is the light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. [The lamp is] kindled from a blessed olive tree, neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth though no fire touched it. Light upon light. God guideth to His light whom He will. And God striketh similitudes for mankind. And God knoweth all things. (24:35)
For every community (umma) there is a Messenger. (10:47)
Verily We sent Messengers before thee; among them are those about whom We have told thee, and those about whom We have not told thee. (40:78)
And We sent no Messenger before thee but We inspired him [saying]: There is no God save Me, so worship Me. (21:25)
3 Responses to Quran Collection on the Ismaili Web
- Aga Khan Mowlana Hazar Imam’s 79th Birthday Salgirah 2015
- New Moon on Friday – Shukarwari Beej
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the International New York Times Athens Democracy Forum
- Eid ul Fitr — July 2015
- Imamat Day July 11, 2015 – 58 Years! Mashallah!
- Layla tul Qadr — Islam’s Birthday Anniversary
- Ramadan Kareem Mubarak!
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Aga Khan Park, Toronto
- Miraj Articles
- Arabic Universal Language of the Muslim World — Aga Khan III
- Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan — Inauguration of Amir AqSunqur Mosque in Cairo
- Yaum-e Ali — Imam Hazrat Ali’s Birthday Anniversary
- Imam Ali Bin Abu Talib — 1st Imam
- Imam Ali and the Power of Compassion — Dr. Reza Shah-Kazemi
- Imam Hazrat Ali the Great!
- The Imams, The Holy!
- The Peterson Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan to the IB 40th Annual Meeting
- Aga Khan Speech at Foundation Ceremony Museum at Humayun’s Tomb
- Beyond Polemics and Pluralism: The Universal Message of the Qur’an — Reza Shah-Kazemi
- The Middle East — Prince Aly Khan