Life – An Exalted Destiny – Aga Khan III
An ode for Imam-e-Zaman — Nadim Pabani
An ode for
By Nadim Pabani – Inspired by the Navroz Spring.
An ode for Imam-e-Zaman we sing.
Seeing the birds outside take flight,
Line by line we begin to write.
So now we wish to begin this rhyme,
For the Master of the Age and Time
To glorify your Light that shines,
We are moved to write each line.
But this Murid will try his very best,
To help others realise that you are the Light of the East and West,
You refrain from seeking worldly might,
Even though, this is your God given right.
A King without a Kingdom,
An Emperor without a State,
al-Mustafa (Muhammad the ‘Chosen’) the City of Knowledge,
And my Lord Ali, thou art the Gate.
So how worthless is this worldly power,
when day by day we approach the Hour,
We seek to behold your luminous reality,
For you are the Light of both Ali and Nabi.
Guiding your believers on their journey through life,
Showering them with blessings through struggle and their strife.
How can we repay Our Beloved Imam?
Who’s guidance and Rahma (mercy) keeps us from harm.
We know that we will never be free,
Until we see the Light of Mawla Murtaza Ali.
Nadim Pabani, a resident of London, UK, obtained his Undergraduate Bachelor of Laws with Honours Degree from City University, London in Law and Property Valuation (LLB). Currently he is studying at The University of Edinburgh for a Masters as part of the MSc in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies. His interests lie in the fields of Islamic (and more specifically Ismaili) History, Philosophy and Theology. His Masters Dissertation will involve a comparative study of the Fatimid and Alamut conceptions of the Qaim and Qiyamah with particular reference to the works of Nasir-i Khusraw, Nasir al-Din al-Tusi and Hasan Mahmud, in order to explain the shift in doctrine between these two distinct phases of Nizari Ismaili history.
- Love for Imam Ali in the Quran and Sunnah
- Ahadith of Prophet Muhammad attributed to Imam Hazrat Ali – Reza Shah-Kazemi
- I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate – Ana madinatu’l-ilm wa Ali babuha
- Ali is the Lord of those whose Lord I am! – Man Kunto Mowla
- Importance of Imam Ali for All Muslims – Reza Shah Kazemi
- Imam Hazrat Ali and the Quran – Reza Shah-Kazemi
- Nasir Khusraw Shia Ismaili Muslim Dai and Poet
One Response to An ode for Imam-e-Zaman — Nadim Pabani
- Aga Khan Mowlana Hazar Imam’s 79th Birthday Salgirah 2015
- New Moon on Friday – Shukarwari Beej
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the International New York Times Athens Democracy Forum
- Eid ul Fitr — July 2015
- Imamat Day July 11, 2015 – 58 Years! Mashallah!
- Layla tul Qadr — Islam’s Birthday Anniversary
- Ramadan Kareem Mubarak!
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Aga Khan Park, Toronto
- Miraj Articles
- Arabic Universal Language of the Muslim World — Aga Khan III
- Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan — Inauguration of Amir AqSunqur Mosque in Cairo
- Yaum-e Ali — Imam Hazrat Ali’s Birthday Anniversary
- Imam Ali Bin Abu Talib — 1st Imam
- Imam Ali and the Power of Compassion — Dr. Reza Shah-Kazemi
- Imam Hazrat Ali the Great!
- The Imams, The Holy!
- The Peterson Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan to the IB 40th Annual Meeting
- Aga Khan Speech at Foundation Ceremony Museum at Humayun’s Tomb
- Beyond Polemics and Pluralism: The Universal Message of the Qur’an — Reza Shah-Kazemi
- The Middle East — Prince Aly Khan