Life – An Exalted Destiny – Aga Khan III
Moments with Shams – Words of Wisdom from Rumi’s Teacher
— Selections from the Maqalat of Shams-i Tabriz, Translated and edited by Refik Algan and Camille Helminski
Intensifying One’s Search
One’s longing, one’s search for the beneficence of God, must be so strong and intense that like the longing of Moses it allows no obstacle to stand in the way. When the Prophet Moses asked: “Who is more knowledgeable in the universe than I am?” his friend Joshua answered: “There is one person more knowledgeable than you are.” Moses didn’t get angry, he didn’t get offended; he didn’t say, “What kind of a thing to say is that!” But instead, “Oh, what was it you said?” he asked for information, because he was searching. Joshua was also a prophet, but… Continue reading
Dam Hama Dam Ali Ali – Farsi
English Rendition of Qasida by Arif Babul
|Saki e ba wafa manam,|
dam hame dam Ali Ali… 1
Sufi e ba safa manam,
dam hame dam Ali Ali… 2
Ashike Murtaza manam,
dam hame dam Ali Ali… 3
Mutribe khushnava manam,
dam hame dam Ali Ali… 4
Adam ba safa tueen,
Yusufe mah laka tueen… 5
Khidhre rahe khuda tueen,
dam hame dam Ali Ali… 6
Shahe shariyatam tueen,
pire tariqotam tueen… 7
Haq ba hakikatam tueen,
dam hame dam Ali Ali… 8Ham dame sayeedul basher,
raj e shamshul qamar… 9Babe shabirro ham shabbar,
dam hame dam Ali Ali… 10
Sayeede sarware karam,
Lahamak lahmi dammak… Continue reading
There’s hidden sweetness in the stomach’s emptiness.
We are lutes, no more, no less.
When the sound box is filled, no music comes forth.
When the brain and the belly burn from fasting,
every moment a new song rises out of the fire.
The mists clear, and a new vitality makes you
spring up the steps before you.
Be empty and cry as a reed instrument.
Be empty and write secrets with a reed pen.
When satiated by food and drink,
an unsightly metal statue is seated
where your spirit should be.
When you fast, good habits gather
like friends who want to help.
Fasting is Solomon’s ring.
Don’t give in to illusion and lose your power.
But even when will and control have been lost,
they will return when… Continue reading
- Aga Khan Mowlana Hazar Imam’s 79th Birthday Salgirah 2015
- New Moon on Friday – Shukarwari Beej
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the International New York Times Athens Democracy Forum
- Eid ul Fitr — July 2015
- Imamat Day July 11, 2015 – 58 Years! Mashallah!
- Layla tul Qadr — Islam’s Birthday Anniversary
- Ramadan Kareem Mubarak!
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Aga Khan Park, Toronto
- Miraj Articles
- Arabic Universal Language of the Muslim World — Aga Khan III
- Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan — Inauguration of Amir AqSunqur Mosque in Cairo
- Yaum-e Ali — Imam Hazrat Ali’s Birthday Anniversary
- Imam Ali Bin Abu Talib — 1st Imam
- Imam Ali and the Power of Compassion — Dr. Reza Shah-Kazemi
- Imam Hazrat Ali the Great!
- The Imams, The Holy!
- The Peterson Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan to the IB 40th Annual Meeting
- Aga Khan Speech at Foundation Ceremony Museum at Humayun’s Tomb
- Beyond Polemics and Pluralism: The Universal Message of the Qur’an — Reza Shah-Kazemi
- The Middle East — Prince Aly Khan