Life – An Exalted Destiny – Aga Khan III
Of the Holy Prophet took place on Rajab 27, (anniversary this year, May 15, 2015) where he was brought to the Throne of God and received spiritual graces and insight. This closeness to God Almighty is possible for all of us if we merit His Grace and for which we should ever pray! This is a highly spiritual encounter and many mystics have experienced this Companionship On High.
I only created the jinn and mankind in order that they might worship Me. — Quran 51:56
Wama khalaqtu al-jinna waal-insa illa liya AAbudooni — Quran 51:56
Think about it! God created us and hardwired us to find our way back to him — Fitrah. All of creation and the verses in the Quran… Continue reading
THE ISMAILI SOCIETY
ISMAILI TEXTS AND TRANSLATIONS SERIES, NO. 4
RECOGNITION OF THE IMAM
(Fasl dar Bayan-I Shinakht-i Imam)
Translated from Persian by
TABLE OF THE CONTENTS OF THE TEXT
1. The manifestation of the Imam and his Hujjat……1v.-2v.
2. The necessity of the propaganda (da’wat) in the time when the Imam is
hidden ….. 2v.-3
3. The fourfold knowledge about the Imam …..3-3v.
4. The Hujjat’s and da’i’s knowledge of the Imam …..3v.-4
5. The relations between the Imam and the Hujjat …..4-4v.
6. The manifestation of the Imam is essential to the existence of the world
7. Definition of the degree of the Hujjat …..6-6v.
8. The logical proofs of the necessity of the Hujjat …..6v.
9. The traditional proofs… Continue reading
Layla tul Qadr falls on the 23rd of Ramadan and this is a significant event in Muslim history as not only did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) receive his first revelation that culminated in the Holy Quran, but this day marks the anniversary of his Prophethood on earth. Muslims all over the world spend this night in prayers as it holds special Barakah for those in prayer.
“In the name of God, the Beneficent the Merciful
“Indeed We sent it [the Holy Quran] down on the Night of Power. What will convey to you what the Night of Power is? Better is the Night of Power than a thousand months. In that Night the angels and the Spirit descend by the permission of their Lord for every errand. Peace it… Continue reading
“O moon-faced Beloved,
the month of Ramadan has arrived.
Cover the table
and open the path of praise.”
“The month of fasting has come,… Continue reading
Miraj – Spiritual or Corporeal
By Mumtaz Ali Tajddin S. Ali
Editor’s Note: Miraj is observed on 27 Rajab. Please follow link for Calendar Converter in the horizontal menu above under Muslim Holidays.
The word miraj is derived from uruj means to ascend. The Koran (70:4) says, “To Him ascend the angels and soul” (taruljul malaikatu war’ruhi ilaihi), and in 97:4: “Angels and soul (from Him) descend (tanz’zalul malaikatu wa’ruhi), and also in 70:3: “Lord of the ways of ascent” (minal’lahi zil ma’arij).
The miraj refers to the heavenly ascension of the Prophet. The Koran says, “Glory be to Him Who made His servant to go on a night from the sacred mosque to the remote mosque of which We have blessed the… Continue reading
By Mumtaz Ali Tajddin S. Ali
The word salat (plural salawat) is an Aramaic verbal noun s’lota (bowing or
bending) had passed into several dialects with the meaning of prayer. This word
was used by Armaic speaking Jews for the obligatory recital of the 18
benedictions. In Hebrew, the synagogue of the Jews was also termed as a salat,
vide Koran, 22:40. It also means to walk behind anything constantly. In horserace,
the second horse runs just behind the first horse, is also called salla. Its
meaning indicates to follow the divine law constantly. Another view suggest that
it means burnt. It signifies that through the agency of worship, a person seeks to
burn or kill the animal instinct within him. The verb from which it derives is salla… Continue reading
- Aga Khan Mowlana Hazar Imam’s 79th Birthday Salgirah 2015
- New Moon on Friday – Shukarwari Beej
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the International New York Times Athens Democracy Forum
- Eid ul Fitr — July 2015
- Imamat Day July 11, 2015 – 58 Years! Mashallah!
- Layla tul Qadr — Islam’s Birthday Anniversary
- Ramadan Kareem Mubarak!
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Aga Khan Park, Toronto
- Miraj Articles
- Arabic Universal Language of the Muslim World — Aga Khan III
- Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan — Inauguration of Amir AqSunqur Mosque in Cairo
- Yaum-e Ali — Imam Hazrat Ali’s Birthday Anniversary
- Imam Ali Bin Abu Talib — 1st Imam
- Imam Ali and the Power of Compassion — Dr. Reza Shah-Kazemi
- Imam Hazrat Ali the Great!
- The Imams, The Holy!
- The Peterson Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan to the IB 40th Annual Meeting
- Aga Khan Speech at Foundation Ceremony Museum at Humayun’s Tomb
- Beyond Polemics and Pluralism: The Universal Message of the Qur’an — Reza Shah-Kazemi
- The Middle East — Prince Aly Khan