Life – An Exalted Destiny – Aga Khan III
Beyond Polemics and Pluralism: The Universal Message of the Qur’an
— Reza Shah-Kazemi
Editor’s Note: It was a delight to hear Dr. Shah-Kazemi’s lecture on the subject in person yesterday. Please view my picture with him below! Yay! My sincere thanks to Dr. Shah-Kazemi for providing this article and I am honored to present it on the Ismaili Web. Alhamduli’Llah! Please also view video of this presentation made in June 2014 at the end of this article and I just added his presentation at FIU on March 31, 2015. Thank you!
And they say: None entereth Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian. These are their vain desires. Say: Bring your proof if ye are truthful.
Nay, but whosoever submitteth his purpose to God, and he is… Continue reading
Understanding the Quran
— Diana Steigerwald
California State University (Long Beach)
‘I believe in one God, and Muhammad, an Apostle of God’ is the simple and invariable profession of Islām. The intellectual image of the Deity has never been degraded by any visible idol; the honor of the Prophet has never transgressed the measure of human virtues; and his living precepts have restrained the gratitude of his disciples within the bounds of reason and religion. (Gibbon and al., 54)
There will come a time when nothing will remain of the Qur’ān but a set of rituals. And nothing will be more common than attributing falsities to God and the Prophet. — ‛Alī Ibn Abī Tālib
The Qur’ān contains a powerful message which generates a material and spiritual response. From its original… Continue reading
Comparative Study of Religions
Chapter II Islam and its Divisions
1- The Sunna
2- The Shi’a
3- The Theology of Sunna and Shi’a
Chapter III Shi’a and its Sub divisions
Doctrine of Ismailism
Chapter I Potentiality and Actuality
Chapter II Existence in Power
Chapter III Existence in Action (by force)
Chapter IV Knowledge of Truth
Chapter V Implementation of faith by Action
1- Ta’at (Obedience)
2- Tabligh (Revelation)
3- Bai’at (Allegiance)
1- Amanat (Trust)
2_ Tawhid (Monotheism)
1- Unity of the Universe
2- The greatness of Man
3- The Human Brotherhood
4- Evolution… Continue reading
Layla tul Qadr falls on the 23rd of Ramadan and this is a significant event in Muslim history as not only did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) receive his first revelation that culminated in the Holy Quran, but this day marks the anniversary of his Prophethood on earth. Muslims all over the world spend this night in prayers as it holds special Barakah for those in prayer.
“In the name of God, the Beneficent the Merciful
“Indeed We sent it [the Holy Quran] down on the Night of Power. What will convey to you what the Night of Power is? Better is the Night of Power than a thousand months. In that Night the angels and the Spirit descend by the permission of their Lord for every errand. Peace it… Continue reading
Ali is the Lord of those whose Lord I am!
The first Imam Hazrat Ali was appointed as as his successor by Prophet Muhammad at Ghadir e Khumm when he declared: He of whomever I am the Master, Lord – Mowla, Ali is his Master, Lord – Mowla! Imam Ali plays a pivotal role in the spiritual lives of his followers as do his successors and we are blessed to be led by the 49th Imam! Alhamdulillah!
“Man Kunto Mowla”, a part of a famous statement of the Seal of Prophet, upon him be peace, which is, “Man kunto Mowla, fa Ali-yun Mowla” – meaning ‘Whoever accepts me as master, Ali is his master’.
Amir Khusru is one of the iconic figures in the cultural history of the Indian… Continue reading
“O moon-faced Beloved,
the month of Ramadan has arrived.
Cover the table
and open the path of praise.”
“The month of fasting has come,… Continue reading
|Now hath come unto you An Apostle from amongst Yourselves; it grieves him that you should perish; Ardently anxious is he over you: to the believers is he the most kind and merciful. Sura 9-128|
Head of the Department of Philosophy,
Government College for Women University of Mysore, Mandya-571401 (Karnatika).
Re-printed from “Islam and Modern age”, Hydrabad, March 1978
Editor’s note: Author of this article is a non-Muslim. Enjoy!
In the desert of Arabia was Mohammad born, according to Muslim historians, on April 20, 571. The name means highly praised. He is to me the greatest mind among all the sons of Arabia. He means so much more than all the poets and kings that preceded him… Continue reading
Milad-un Nabi Maulid — birthday celebration of our beloved Prophet Muhammad
“And peace on him on the day he was born, and on the day he dies, and on the day he is raised to life” Holy Quran 19:15
Allahuma salli ala Muhammadin wa Aal-e Muhammad
O God! Shower thy blessings on Muhammad and the descendents of Muhammad
Milad-un Nabi or Maulid (Mawlid) is the birthday celebration of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s.) and is celebrated by Muslims as Eid-e Milad. Prophet Muhammad was born Arabia in the city of Mecca on the 12th day of Rabi-ul-Awwal, which was Monday the 20th day of April, 571 A.C. This falls on Saturday May 25, 2002 and fell on June 4th last year (2001). [Note: I had written this… Continue reading
Quran Collection on the Ismaili Web
|Sura 1 Al Fatiha–The Opening Audio|
|1. Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
2. Al hamdu lillaahi rabbil aalameen
3. Ar rahmaanir raheem
4. Maaliki yaumid deen
5. Iyaaka na budu wa iyyaaka nasta een
6. Ihdinaas siraatal mustaqeem
7. Siraatal ladzeena an amta alayhim Ghayril maghduubi alayhim wa laad daalleen
|1. With the name of Allah most gracious, most merciful
2. All praise is due to Allah cherisher and sustainer of the worlds
3. Most gracious, most merciful
4. Master of the day of Judgement
5. You alone do we worship your aid do we seek
6. Guide us to the straight path
7. The way of those who have won thy favor
8. Those whose portion is not wrath and who go not astray
|Sura… Continue reading|
- Yaum-e Ali — Imam Hazrat Ali’s Birthday Anniversary
- Aga Khan Mowlana Hazar Imam’s 79th Birthday Salgirah 2015
- New Moon on Friday – Shukarwari Beej
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the International New York Times Athens Democracy Forum
- Eid ul Fitr — July 2015
- Imamat Day July 11, 2015 – 58 Years! Mashallah!
- Layla tul Qadr — Islam’s Birthday Anniversary
- Ramadan Kareem Mubarak!
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Aga Khan Park, Toronto
- Miraj Articles
- Arabic Universal Language of the Muslim World — Aga Khan III
- Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan — Inauguration of Amir AqSunqur Mosque in Cairo
- Yaum-e Ali — Imam Hazrat Ali’s Birthday Anniversary
- Imam Ali Bin Abu Talib — 1st Imam
- Imam Ali and the Power of Compassion — Dr. Reza Shah-Kazemi
- Imam Hazrat Ali the Great!
- The Imams, The Holy!
- The Peterson Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan to the IB 40th Annual Meeting
- Aga Khan Speech at Foundation Ceremony Museum at Humayun’s Tomb
- Beyond Polemics and Pluralism: The Universal Message of the Qur’an — Reza Shah-Kazemi