Life – An Exalted Destiny – Aga Khan III
His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Inauguration of the Aga Khan Park, Toronto
Video of Agreement Signing below
May 25th 2015
The Honourable Kathleen Wynne
Madame Premier may I thank you for your most warm and thoughtful words on this occasion. The Ismaili community are relatively recent arrivals in Canada and they’ve been here really as a result of the sorts of situations that you’ve mentioned including Karachi where people of different groups, different faiths, different ethnic backgrounds, have lived in societies governed by fear, pain, poverty, insecurity… an inability to predict anything into the future for themselves, or for future generations.
And what happened in Uganda with Idi Amin, you all know. I don’t need… Continue reading
His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Foundation Ceremony of the Museum at Humayun’s Tomb, Dehli, India
April 7, 2015
Honorable Minister of Tourism and Culture Dr. Mahesh Sharma
Secretary Mr. Ravindra Singh
Secretary Dr. Lalit Panwar
You have been most generous with your comments this afternoon and I thank you warmly for the encouragement you have given to the people of the Trust for Culture and myself. And I would like to begin these comments by repeating what I said when the foundation-stone was laid sometime ago of the restoration of the Humayun’s Tomb.
We are a partnership. We are not working alone with the Trust for Culture. We are working in a magnificent partnership between public authority and private initiative.
And if we did not have… Continue reading
Aga Khan emphasizes collective responsibility, cracks jokes in talk on tradition and technology
Photo – Brittany Comunale / Herald
There was room for both social media jokes and a thoughtful discussion of modern communication in Prince Karim Aga Khan IV’s lecture yesterday.
Prince Karim Aga Khan IV ’96 hon. P’95 said during a lecture Monday that the hardest part of speaking at Brown again since delivering the baccalaureate address in 1996 was “that you have to explain what you got wrong the first time.” It was hard to imagine that the thorough, well-spoken 49th hereditary imam of Nizari Ismailism would be prone to carelessness.
But he insisted. “I think I actually underestimated what happened in the 18 years ahead,” he said, acknowledging that back… Continue reading
Toronto, 25 November 2013 — The University of Toronto’s Trinity College held a special convocation this evening, to bestow upon Mawlana Hazar Imam the degree of Doctor of Sacred Letters, honoris causa.
In a glowing citation, the Right Honorable Adrienne Clarkson, an alumna and Honorary Fellow of the College, presented Mawlana Hazar Imam before the Honourable William C. Graham, Chancellor of Trinity College, and the convocation.
“We are welcoming you into a place that combines the sacred with the secular with educational values that have seen its graduates take their place in the modern world and in Canada in a meaningful and committed fashion,” said Madame Clarkson in her address.… Continue reading
Partnership Walk Aga Khan Foundation, October 2012 – Orlando! Click on photo below to see all the pictures!
Partnership Walk Aga Khan Foundation, October 2011 – Orlando! Click on photo below to see all the pictures!
- Aga Khan Mowlana Hazar Imam’s 79th Birthday Salgirah 2015
- New Moon on Friday – Shukarwari Beej
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the International New York Times Athens Democracy Forum
- Eid ul Fitr — July 2015
- Imamat Day July 11, 2015 – 58 Years! Mashallah!
- Layla tul Qadr — Islam’s Birthday Anniversary
- Ramadan Kareem Mubarak!
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Aga Khan Park, Toronto
- Miraj Articles
- Arabic Universal Language of the Muslim World — Aga Khan III
- Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan — Inauguration of Amir AqSunqur Mosque in Cairo
- Yaum-e Ali — Imam Hazrat Ali’s Birthday Anniversary
- Imam Ali Bin Abu Talib — 1st Imam
- Imam Ali and the Power of Compassion — Dr. Reza Shah-Kazemi
- Imam Hazrat Ali the Great!
- The Imams, The Holy!
- The Peterson Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan to the IB 40th Annual Meeting
- Aga Khan Speech at Foundation Ceremony Museum at Humayun’s Tomb
- Beyond Polemics and Pluralism: The Universal Message of the Qur’an — Reza Shah-Kazemi
- The Middle East — Prince Aly Khan