Life – An Exalted Destiny – Aga Khan III
THE ISMAILI SOCIETY
ISMAILI TEXTS AND TRANSLATIONS SERIES, NO. 4
RECOGNITION OF THE IMAM
(Fasl dar Bayan-I Shinakht-i Imam)
Translated from Persian by
TABLE OF THE CONTENTS OF THE TEXT
1. The manifestation of the Imam and his Hujjat……1v.-2v.
2. The necessity of the propaganda (da’wat) in the time when the Imam is
hidden ….. 2v.-3
3. The fourfold knowledge about the Imam …..3-3v.
4. The Hujjat’s and da’i’s knowledge of the Imam …..3v.-4
5. The relations between the Imam and the Hujjat …..4-4v.
6. The manifestation of the Imam is essential to the existence of the world
7. Definition of the degree of the Hujjat …..6-6v.
8. The logical proofs of the necessity of the Hujjat …..6v.
9. The traditional proofs… Continue reading
Nowruz 2014 Marks the 20th Anniversary of Amaana.org — Alhamdulillah!
As you can read in the About section, I started the Ismaili Web in November 1993 and established the domain Amaana.org in March 1994. Since then I have been writing about the work of Mowlana Hazar Imam, His Highness the Aga Khan and twenty years later, here is a collage of all the articles. What is more amazing is that while I have just created articles of the events, the Imam has lived and worked these events and this presentation is in no way the full spectrum of his activities year-round, all over the world.
This Nowruz is a special event in many ways as you can read in my article in the link above on which day multiple world… Continue reading
by ‘Allamah Nasir al-din “Nasir” Hunza’i
Nawruz literally means the new day. This day means the day of the festival which is celebrated at the beginning of spring and the arrival of the new year, in which Aries faces the sun and from this day is counted the new solar year of the Egyptians and the Iranians. The Nawruz festival is among the oldest festivals of the world, and according to reliable reports, some important historical events and religious victories also happened on this day. Thus, it is narrated that approximately 4200 years ago it was on the occasion of the Nawruz festival that Hazrat Ibrahim broke the royal idols of Iraq and Hazrat Musa, in his time on the same day, gave a crushing defeat to the… Continue reading
Comparative Study of Religions
Chapter II Islam and its Divisions
1- The Sunna
2- The Shi’a
3- The Theology of Sunna and Shi’a
Chapter III Shi’a and its Sub divisions
Doctrine of Ismailism
Chapter I Potentiality and Actuality
Chapter II Existence in Power
Chapter III Existence in Action (by force)
Chapter IV Knowledge of Truth
Chapter V Implementation of faith by Action
1- Ta’at (Obedience)
2- Tabligh (Revelation)
3- Bai’at (Allegiance)
1- Amanat (Trust)
2_ Tawhid (Monotheism)
1- Unity of the Universe
2- The greatness of Man
3- The Human Brotherhood
4- Evolution… Continue reading
Layla tul Qadr falls on the 23rd of Ramadan and this is a significant event in Muslim history as not only did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) receive his first revelation that culminated in the Holy Quran, but this day marks the anniversary of his Prophethood on earth. Muslims all over the world spend this night in prayers as it holds special Barakah for those in prayer.
“In the name of God, the Beneficent the Merciful
“Indeed We sent it [the Holy Quran] down on the Night of Power. What will convey to you what the Night of Power is? Better is the Night of Power than a thousand months. In that Night the angels and the Spirit descend by the permission of their Lord for every errand. Peace it… Continue reading
Ali is the Lord of those whose Lord I am!
The first Imam Hazrat Ali was appointed as as his successor by Prophet Muhammad at Ghadir e Khumm when he declared: He of whomever I am the Master, Lord – Mowla, Ali is his Master, Lord – Mowla! Imam Ali plays a pivotal role in the spiritual lives of his followers as do his successors and we are blessed to be led by the 49th Imam! Alhamdulillah!
“Man Kunto Mowla”, a part of a famous statement of the Seal of Prophet, upon him be peace, which is, “Man kunto Mowla, fa Ali-yun Mowla” – meaning ‘Whoever accepts me as master, Ali is his master’.
Amir Khusru is one of the iconic figures in the cultural history of the Indian… Continue reading
- Aga Khan Mowlana Hazar Imam’s 79th Birthday Salgirah 2015
- New Moon on Friday – Shukarwari Beej
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the International New York Times Athens Democracy Forum
- Eid ul Fitr — July 2015
- Imamat Day July 11, 2015 – 58 Years! Mashallah!
- Layla tul Qadr — Islam’s Birthday Anniversary
- Ramadan Kareem Mubarak!
- His Highness the Aga Khan Speech at the Aga Khan Park, Toronto
- Miraj Articles
- Arabic Universal Language of the Muslim World — Aga Khan III
- Speech by His Highness the Aga Khan — Inauguration of Amir AqSunqur Mosque in Cairo
- Yaum-e Ali — Imam Hazrat Ali’s Birthday Anniversary
- Imam Ali Bin Abu Talib — 1st Imam
- Imam Ali and the Power of Compassion — Dr. Reza Shah-Kazemi
- Imam Hazrat Ali the Great!
- The Imams, The Holy!
- The Peterson Lecture by His Highness the Aga Khan to the IB 40th Annual Meeting
- Aga Khan Speech at Foundation Ceremony Museum at Humayun’s Tomb
- Beyond Polemics and Pluralism: The Universal Message of the Qur’an — Reza Shah-Kazemi
- The Middle East — Prince Aly Khan